According to the Greek Regulation regarding the spread of the virus SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19 disease, with a high sense of responsibility we would like to inform you about protective measures that we have taken concerning our personnel and guests.
In particular, the following actions have been performed and measures have been taken, on the basis of both the crisis management procedure and the COVID-19 risk assessment that was held:
- We enrolled in POSI SHIELD initiative, a program for infection prevention and control consisted of measures of hygiene and operation protocols, enforcement of personal protective equipment use, personnel training, creation of Prevention Team and introduction of POSI (Prevention Of Spread of Infections) efficiency validation procedure.
- All personnel is trained in preventive measures and new operational standards according to set protocols.
- Access to non-employees of the hotel has been forbidden only critical suppliers (e.g. technicians), are allowed to enter the hotel with controlled access. Procurements are received and delivered to them using disposable gloves.
- Hand sanitizers have been added to all areas of the Hotels at key points for guests and personnel, especially those that are relatively remote from hand wash sinks.
- Enhanced the frequency of cleaning and disinfection has been increased, with a greater emphasis on common areas (toilets, etc.) but also on common equipment (computer, etc.).
- We introduced changes in our breakfast buffet, room service, in order to meet distance keeping requirements.
- Reduced paper amenities in the guest rooms and reception.
- We developed a stay home procedure and our employees are encouraged not to come to work in case of perception of symptoms alike COVID-19 and to communicate with our doctor.
- All employees were reinformed of best personal hygiene practices (hand washing, coughing sneezing on tissues to be discarded or at least on elbows, non-contact of hands with face, avoiding sharing objects).
- We created and keep safety stock in personal protective equipment and cleaning chemicals.
What to Expect During Your Stay
Our zest to offer a great stay is at the highest level. To that, guests’ safety is our highest priority. We are constantly following the latest local guidelines and global prevention best practices. We are ready to offer a great stay while we kindly ask from guests their cooperation in order to follow Health & Safety Practices.
Social Distancing is a required practice in our hotel’s public settings. We have rearranged our lobby and other common areas following these directions. Guests are kindly requested to be mindful of other guests and keep a 2-meter distance.
Masks and Other Protective Equipment
Hotel staff use gloves & masks, which are changed frequently.
Hotel Services and Amenities
For guests’ safety, some services or amenities such as jacuzzi, breakfast and daily housekeeping may be modified or suspended. Guests will be constantly informed.
For guest’s safety our hotel reserves the right to ask for COVID-19 diagnostic testing upon arrival or during stay, if contagious disease symptoms appear. In cases where sickness occurs during the stay, guests should notify the Front Desk. A specialised health care professional will attend as soon as possible. In case of serious sickness, guests may be requested to receive appropriate health care from Hospital of Kefalonia. During epidemics we are entitled to employ precautionary measures within our judgment or as required by local authorities. MOUIKIS HOTEL knows all the details of a specialist doctor for the provision of health services.